Disability:IN North Carolina and the NCWorks Training Center are excited to post links to a series of new training webinars DI-NC completed for the NCWorks Career Centers to enhance and expand disability employment and inclusion across the state.
DI-NC Toolkit Overview and Orientation
- Introduce the Disability Inclusion Video and discuss how NCWorks staff may access and use the video
- Provide an overview of the information and resources on the Toolkit
- Discuss some of the challenges NCWorks staff face encounter that may present barriers to disability inclusion in the labor force.
Employment of People with Disabilities
Overview & Statistics
- The U.S. Office of Disability Employment Policy categorizes persons with disabilities as the third-largest market segment in the U.S., after Hispanics and African Americans.
- The discretionary income for working age persons with disabilities is $21 billion—greater than that of the African American and Hispanic segments combined.
- Learn how to use statistics and data to overcome myths and build inclusive cultures that welcome job seekers with disabilities
NC Employment First | Diversity Includes Disability
- Governors executive order 92: In March 2019, North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper signed Executive Order 92, Employment First for North Carolinians with disabilities. Through the order, the governor directs state government to become a leader in recruiting and creating an inclusive job climate for workers with disabilities.
- Learn more about how the commitment of state government to creating a culture of inclusion can serve as a template for local governments and employers across NC to recruit and hire job seekers with disabilities
Disability Employment Inclusion
The Business Case
- What the research reveals: What are the proven benefits of hiring job seekers with disabilities
- Learn how to use the qualitative and quantitative business case for robust disability inclusion programs.
Diversity Equity Inclusion
Your Role in Disability Inclusion
- Disability is a part of diversity and equity conversation, learn how to leverage your role to advance inclusion
- Dispel the misconceptions about cost versus return on investment (ROI) of disability inclusion
Disability Inclusion: Collaborating with Partners
- How to build effective partnerships with state agencies
- Examples of exemplary partnerships among NCWorks Centers and state agencies
- Strategies for expanding the engagement of businesses to enhance disability employment across the state
Understanding the Accommodations Process
- How to support job seekers as they consider when to disclose a disability
- What are the steps in the accommodations process